I am so excited for 2009. I feel like it is going to be a great year, and I am excited to feel like I can start fresh... out with the old... in with the new!!! So therefore.... of course every year I like to think back on the year before and evaluate what I want to do different this year..... new years resolutions here I come!!!
1. To be more one time... I have a really bad habit of being late to everywhere I go. My family makes fun of me and says that I just like to make an entrance, but really that is not true. I think I have a problem with estimating how long it truly takes me to get ready, I like to think of my self as being pretty quick at getting ready, but I am beginning to think that is not true.... and since I am not willing to get ready less... I will have to plan more time.... which means less sleep... but hopefully I can lose the reputation of always being the late one...
2. To get in shape... I know this is the typical new years resolution that you hear from everyone, but the time has come to get serious. I have had some real eye openers this last year that has taught me that being fit is more than just having a nice butt in a pair of jeans... even though that is a nice plus. I have seem many people struggle this year with health problems that could have been easily avoided by maintaining a healthy weight and staying active. As I see people age, it is just shows me how important being healthy really is. So this is the year for me to get my body in shape and to become a healthy girl!!! You will be seeing a lot less of me this year!!!
3. Be more faithful as attending my church meetings... Ok I admit I have been a major slacker this year at going to church regularly. I just seem to always find an excuse to miss church on Sundays... it doesnt help that my church was at 8:45 and I love sleeping. This year is the year for me to recommit myself to living the gospel more fully. I can honestly say that there has never been a time that I have gone to church and then after thought... I really wish I would have stayed in bed instead of going to church, but I know I have regretted not going to church. I love the feeling of a really spiritual meeting, nothing is better!
4. Get out of debt and establish a good savings account... I can say that 2008 has been a good year for me in improving this area of my life, but that there is always room for more improvement. This year I want to keep growing my savings account and to become more financially stable. Now is the time in my life when I am minimal bills and I should take total advantage of that.
5. Be cleaner... I am not very good at keeping my spaces clean... such as my room, my car and my office. For some reason I think that because it is mine that it is ok for it to be messy because I still know where everything is, but I have noticed that I find myself feeling embarassed and apologizing many times for my messes. My life would be so much easier if I was more tidy...
6. Get rid of this crazy eczema on my fingers... It is the weirdest thing but this last summer I developed this really bad rash on my fingers and they became really dry and got huge cracks in them. I have no idea what started it, I have never seen it before in my life, but I am having a really hard time getting rid of it. The dermatologist told me that it was really severe eczema and gave me some steroid cream to put on it, well that was working for a while, but it never completely solved the problem. Well now I have it more in control than it has ever been with only one crack, but I hope to fight this and have it gone once and for all
7. Take tennis lessons... For many years I have wanted to take tennis lessons. I have no idea what my facination is with learning how to play, but I have talked about taking lessons for many years. Well now that I have moved my gym membership to the Ogden Athletic Club, I am finally going to take lessons. Im not the most coordinated person, and I am sure my instructor will have many laughs watching me try to play, but I am excited to spend some time out on the courts.
Well I think that is all I will try to do this year, I dont want to overwhelm myself to much and then not be able to achieve all I want to do. I hope that 2009 is ready.... because here I come!!!