Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Total Woman...



So as most people know, I am quite girly. Really can you blame me? What girl deep down inside really doesnt want to be a princess? I know I do!!! So over the years I am very observant of the female gender and some might say I am a harsh judge, but really I just have high expectations for girls. Anyways.... over the years I have not found a better example of the perfect woman other than the one and only.... Elle Woods. Now before you start your snickering, let me give you very good examples of what I mean....



First off the confidence Elle radiates is like no other. She is able to wear anything and look great in it. I mean really who else do you know could pull off a pink leather suit?



She is not afraid to go after what she wants. As you will remember Warner Huntington III. He was the love of her life. He left her because he thought she was just a blonde bimbo, and so she decided she was willing to do whatever to get him back. She did all she had to to be excepted into Harvard Law School, which obviously couldnt be to easy. She was willing to do what she needed to to prove to him she was more than just a pretty face.







She is true to herself. She figured that since she was going to Harvard Law School she was going to be the best student she could be. So naturally she wanted to be in the select few that got to be one of Calahans interns. Well when Calahan started hitting on her she decided that is not who she was and that she was not going to put out to get herself good grades she left the internship to many peoples surprise.



She is true to others. She was asked to handle the Brooke Windom Case and she had inside information about Brooke, but was sworn to secrecy and vowed she would not share what she knew. She held true to that and found other ways to win her case. She would not do anything to backstab or jepordize her friendship.









Elle is willing to be friends with those who are not of her "status". Look at Paulette, she is simply just plain trailor trash, but Elle still loves her and helps her get her dog back. And she teaches her the "bend and snap" to help the mail man to notice her.

I dont know about you, but I think these are all amazing qualities that make up the total woman. She posses so many other traits and I could go on for hours, but I think I have given sufficient examples to make my point. So I say... lets all try to be a little bit more "Elle".










2 comments:

Keri said...

Awesome - I love it! Good points, I didn't even think of those when thinking back about the movie.

Dave and Christine said...

BK, if you think Elle Woods is the ultimate woman then you are. You are her twin.